Tonight I stood in the kitchen of my empty apartment. Keys collected and in hand. An envelope on the counter ready and waiting to be sealed up and sent down the "rent cheques here" chute at the management office.
I'm here to say goodbye to this place and this part of my life. And, there are things I am going to miss.
- this was the last home I shared with my short furry friend.
- I met so many great, caring, and interesting people here in the little dog park where so much of our time was spent.
- it was close to everything. Especially loved was the abundance of nearby coffee.
- it has my favourite subway station in the entire city. Yes, I have a favourite.
- there were so many wonderful trails within easy walking distance it was hard not to spend all of our free time walking them.
But, in the end, I was so excited to say goodbye to this place that I had sealed up the keys before I even locked up and left.